Whether you are building a new deck or you want to give an old one a refreshing, staining or painting can get the trick done. But, which one should you consider? Both options should be taken into account by homeowners. You can so easily opt for professional deck painting Northbrook or deck staining handled by a specialist when you get in touch with us. However, we understand you might want to learn more about deck repainting Winnetka or deck paint stripping in Wilmette. So, here are some things you should always be aware of.
Deck Painting Advantages
Deck repainting in Barrington followed by deck paint stripping in Wilmette offers countless very interesting advantages you have to know. Some that absolutely need to be mentioned are:
- Unlimited color options - You can choose out of literally countless colors to get the deck looking as you want it to. It becomes really simple to make the deck stick in the overall design of your outdoor area and it is not at all difficult to do this after deck paint stripping Lake Forest.
- Hiding flaws - When your deck is older and weathering became a big problem, paint can easily be utilized to hide the damage. You would be able to use paint to fill in all damaged spaces.
- Improved deck maintenance - One thing few people know is that when you go through the deck painting Northbrook process, it might take years until the deck has to be repainted again. Also, there is a very good possibility serious repairs will not be needed for quite a while since the paint will protect the deck.
Obviously, there are cases in which you might not want to go through deck painting stripping Lake Forest followed by deck repainting in Barrington. For instance, your wood is going to be covered up by paint. So, you might want to consider something else, like deck staining.
Deck Staining Advantages
Instead of deck repainting Winnetka, you can follow the deck paint stripping process by deck staining. This offers advantages like the following:
- Several stain options are available - Several clear wood sealers can be used. They are great at showing off the wood. Stain can be clear and you can also add some color with the use of semitransparent strains if this is your desire. Paint-like options are available, like solid stains that would create darker colors.
- Highlighting used wood - When refinishing or building decks made out of wood that shines, like redwood or cedar, the stain enhances the natural characteristics of the wood. With stain, you gain natural looks, something you cannot get with the use of paint.
- Very easy to apply - When compared with painting, staining is much easier to apply. You just have to go through deck paint stripping Lake Forest first and then you gain a very natural look, one that is just not possible with the use of regular paint.
Our deck painting specialists in Northbrook, Winnetka, Barrington, Wilmette, and Lake Forest can so easily handle any project. Just get in touch and you will love the results.